Re: [TowerTalk] Ground strap to water pipe?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground strap to water pipe?
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 02:29:08 -0700
Martin,

Your post brings back memories I thought I had banished.  Many years ago
I decided to insulate the floor of my mother's house.  So, there I was,
lying on my back on the dirt in the crawl space with my body aligned in
the direction of the joists.  The bottoms of the joists were about 2"
above my shoulders.  I then pulled a 6" fiberglass batt up over my body
and face and stuffed it between the joists.  Having done that, I moved 4
ft along the joists and did it again.  I continued in this manner until
the floor was completely insulated.  I then did much the same thing with
chicken wire, stapling it to the bottoms of the joists to keep the batts
from falling out.

Did I mention that I suffer from claustrophobia?  Greater love... etc

I don't even want to talk about the time a friend and I were down there
doing some plumbing when the propane torch flared up and threatened to
set the place on fire when we were 30 ft from the exit (and 2" from the
aforementioned joists).

I don't think a "a beer" is even in the ballpark when it comes to
recompense.  Then again, you might find a 12 year old who will do
anything for a taste of what his buddies are bragging about.

73 de Jim Smith    VE7FO