Re: [TowerTalk] Small Yagi Advice

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Small Yagi Advice
From: "Tim Kass" <timkass@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 19:35:21 -0400
I'll throw in my 2 cents for the money strapped hams out there with limited space as well. I've buillt a very nice operating 20 meter Moxon, feed with open wire line and additional reflectors inside it, i.e. K5RZ design, it works well on 20, 17 and 15 meters, excellent F/B, better than most 3 element yagis and 6 dB forward gain. The F/B is what sold me, I can alway turn on the amp to get more dB going out but I need to hear them, the Moxon is 70% the size of a full size beam...mine is on a 10 foot PVC boom with 25 foot elements a top a small 35 foot tower...city lot, works for me, cost, I had most everything except the boom -

attached is the pic of the Moxon we used for FD last year. Same antenna.

73, Tim
K8WBL