Re: [TowerTalk] Pad and Pier Foundations

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pad and Pier Foundations
From: Bob Smith <na6t@na6t.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 02:42:26 -0700
  I kinda have to side with Steve on This one,, I've just completed
(in the past 10 months) installing two of the Trylon 96' towers.  But,
When I had the holes dug my backhoe operator was able to dig the
hole and put the bottom undercut into the hole with the machine
and bucket that he brought to the job.   Yes the undercut was a
little bigger (about 1') but that's what the concrete was for, filling
the hole.  A building inspector will probably NEVER condemn
you for using MORE concrete that the plan calls for,

When a Building Inspector check the Trylon plan he just wants
to see the plans, the hole, the undercut, the re-bar and
UNDISTURBED soil. Oh, one other thing in California,
the Crush test for 3000 # concrete

I think the solution to the 'hole problem' is one of using the
tools and skills 'that you brought to the table' ,

IE:  hire the proper people and equipment to do the correct JOB,

Also as to the OSHA rules, I don't think a small company digging
a hole falls under OSHA regs, don't you have to have at least 10-15
employees before OSHA 'raises it's ugly head?

nuf said, back to my work at hand

Bob Smith
NA6T

Robert Smith Consulting
"Wireless Installations -- Government, Businesses & ISP's"
F.C.C. Licensed-Commercial & Amateur Services
A.R.S NA6T
ARRL Life Member
1-530-591-2230 (cell in Colusa-Yuba-Sutter-Glenn-Butte Counties)
1-707-964-4931 w/answering machine
Fort Bragg, California   95437

"On The Air-Conditioned Mendocino Coast, In REAL Northern California"
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Message: 4