Re: [TowerTalk] dumbing down

To: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] dumbing down
From: Dave Fuller <rfcdma@spinn.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:33:22 -0600
Yes!  I wholeheartedly agree with that.  I worked hard in my county to
get 65 foot as a permissive height for amateur antennas.  I was able to
get a conditional permit for 90 feet at my QTH.  However for the vast
majority of hams something like that would be an impossible installation
due to zoning and neighborhood associations, even though it may be
permitted by county zoning.

I worked for years in the PCS/Cellular industry and zoning got so tough
that engineering a quality system became impossible.  It wasn't fun
anymore because I couldn't put a cell site where I needed to so I bailed
out and I'm doing something else now.

-Dave