Re: [TowerTalk] fiberglass guys...

To: "StellarCAT" <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] fiberglass guys...
From: kb9cry@comcast.net (Phil Camera)
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:33:00 +0000
 inferior guying (inferior due to stretch and ease of cutting) to save this
time.

I'm sorry but excuse me.  Installing insulators on EHS is more troublesome and
do all you with those peridically inspect the clamps on either side of the
insulator?   To do this you'd have to drop the guy and physically inspect
and/or retighten these clamps every so many years or so.

My Fiberglass Polygon guys cost much more than EHS but also less than
Phillystran and work just fine.  I installed 15 ft of EHS at the bottoms for
physical protection and my dog will make sure no one starts climbing the tower
with a hacksaw.

Personally, my guyed tower is right next to my four square and one set of guys
actually traverses through a corner of the four square area.  I wasn't about to
install any kind of metal, regardless of length and resonance, in the four
square.  And, I have no clamps as I used Preformed Products grips.  My
installation is top notch and no money was spared to do it the right way
(everything designed to meet or exceed the Rohn specs for 130 mph design, 120
ft Rohn 45) and it's got fiberglass guys.  Definitely not cheap charlied.  Bad
statement to make sir.   Phil  KB9CRY