Re: [TowerTalk] fiberglass guys...

To: "StellarCAT" <RXDesign@ssvecnet.com>,"Phil Camera" <kb9cry@comcast.net>,"tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] fiberglass guys...
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:40:32 -0400
> I knew someone would have to be offended.... my apologies
as an offense was not intended. Funny that you felt
"comfortable" with
>  Bill's statement about "cheaping out" when it was
directed at those installing EHS!

> My point - again - is that MECHANICALLY - steel is
superior to Philly.

I misunderstood the original point I guess. I though the
idea was being presented we can just run steel guys right up
to the tower without insulators to sectionalize the guy.

All my towers use steel guys. I use many insulators. I try
to not be much over 1/4 wl long for guys near antennas. I
use fiberglass links near VHF antennas.

I've used fiberglass guys on BC towers, but not at home. Not
yet, but I eventually will. I'm eventually going to use
polygon rod so I can slide dipoles, ropes, and other stuff
up and down and in and out without snagging on all those
grips and insulators!!!

73 Tom