Re: [TowerTalk] Elevated vertical

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Elevated vertical
From: Bob Nielsen <nielsen@oz.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 12:08:43 -0700
I am using a AV-640 at ~14 ft without any radials.  Subjectively, the
performance exceeds my expectations on all bands (OK, it took several
tries to bag K7C on 20 with 500 watts).  When conditions were better,
I was fairly successful running QRP with this antenna.  I suppose
being < 500 feet from salt water helps a bit.

73,
Bob Nielsen, N7XY