Re: [TowerTalk] Snow and rain attenuation

To: Dan Hearn <dhearn@wwnw.net>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Snow and rain attenuation
From: "J. Hector Garcia XE2K" <hector@telecom1.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:17:50 PST
Dan:

I have some experience  in the type of link your ISP offer  to provide
broadband to you, there are several options in the 5.7-5.8 Ghz , one very
popular and easy to install is the Motorola Canopy, that work in  several
license free Bands like 900 @ 3mbps  2.4 5.2 and 5.7-.8 Ghz at 10 -20 mbps.
as  you know the ISP always want to use the lowest cost  for the customer
installation,    there are other  plataforms in the 5.7 ghz that  need external
antennas and can use AMPs like you ISP say  increase power and give more
coverage area,   Canopy have and integrated antenna  and to give more  distance
need a Directv tipe dish parabolic,  with a pair  a Point to point can gives 35
miles  in the 5 ghz,  point to Multipoint can easy gives 10-20 miles using
parabolics

You can ask for a warranty and a try period  ,  but i beleive  you  can   enjoy
broadband  wireless, the only worry can be a heavy rain storm     or heavy wind
 moving the dish .

if you need more signal  bigger antennas  is the solution.

if you feel is too expensive   check the satellite options .

Hector XE2K