Re: [TowerTalk] Glen Martin Voyager Hazer

To: towertalk@contesting.com, kc4pe@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Glen Martin Voyager Hazer
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:29:52 EST

In a message dated 12/22/2005 9:04:19 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  Glen Martin informed me today that they no longer offer the
antenna raising hazer for the 45G tower.....

>  was called  the "Voyager Hazer"

> The Voyager Hazer is a tower accessory  designed to elevate antennas up and
down the outside of a tower. A separate  set of aluminum track is bolted to
the face of the tower. Four sets of bronze  bearing rollers make contact with
the track, and a cage with antenna &  rotor on a continious pull cable rides up
and down the tower.....

>  Does anyone have one they are not using..or is there a  better
"Mouse Trap" for getting the antenna up and down a HD 45-55G  tower..??

"Mouse trap" is right -  more like "Mickey Mouse". IMO the Hazer is an
apparatus that appears to be  really helpful but can be potentially dangerous.
At no
time should you  disconnect the guy wires on a standing tower!

        Why do you need to run  antennas up and down the tower? If
everything's properly installed, you  shouldn't have to work on anything for
YEARS!

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -