Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIr's are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIr's are BEAUTIFUL!!!!
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 07:43:22 -0400
The HOA rules would likely ban the installation of a pool too.

When we were looking for a house, our realtor wanted to show us a house
for which he was the listing agent, but it was in an HOA-controlled
community. When I resisted on the grounds that HOAs typically prohibit
amateur radio antennas, he told me that I was paranoid -- that although
he could see a bunch of retired old biddies in Florida with nothing
better to do objecting, he couldn't see why younger people in the
Midwwest who have to go to work every day would be worried. The seller
happened to be a former president of the HOA, and he too said he didn't
think the HOA would object, but said he would consult the current board
officials. Then -- no surprise to me -- he reported back that the HOA
would *not* permit an antenna.

Alan NV8A