Re: [TowerTalk] Building a Tower Trailer

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Building a Tower Trailer
From: "Kelly Johnson" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:22:30 -0700
I started this thread.  I've put a bit of thought into it and have a
proposal.  Any big holes in the following idea?

I found some small ATV/Utility trailers on EBay that fold up when not
in use.  They fit into a 5'x2' slot.  That solves my problem of
getting the trailer into my back/side yard.  The LPT-1242 only weighs
145 lbs so it shouldn't be hard to move it on/off the trailer each
time I need to use the trailer.  With a winch tied over a tree or
something I can probably even do it by myself.

This leaves me with the task of designing a tower mount for this
trailer: a tower mount that needs to also "fold up" or be removable.
Any thoughts?