[TowerTalk] Inverted L

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Inverted L
From: Nick Pair <daweezil2003@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:12:40 -0700 (PDT)
Your link is anecdotal with out consideration to radiation E and H patterns.
  The chicken wire would dissolve in two years or so in the soil around
here.(it rusts above ground in a little over a year.
  He does make the point common to all vertical antennas, that the longer they
are in the vertical the better they work.
  The statement that they generally provide a 50 ohm resistive match is
unsubstantiated, and pretty contrary to a efficient radiator over efficient
radial system.
  The comment on ground rod at base brings up the previous numerous postings on
lightning protection.
  The statement that they are "immune" to trees and foliage just leaves me
scratching my head. New era physics that wasn't taught when I learned it. Maybe
tree heating doest count.
   I have more but lunch calls. Others can take up the flag.

  Nick
  WB7PEK