[TowerTalk] UST base grouting

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] UST base grouting
From: "Julio Peralta" <jperalta@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 12:59:56 -0400
A friend and I were discussing his installation of a UST TX-455. I
mentioned that it's a good idea to use a non-shrinking grout under the
base. To which he replied that UST said that grouting isn't needed if
the leveling bolts are used. I checked their website and the TX-455
foundations diagram does state this.

I was thinking that if the leveling bolts are used that is when grouting
was needed. If for nothing else to keep water from standing around the
bolts. Doesn't the grout provide some load support for the base? And if
you don't use leveling bolts and the base is setting directly on the
slab how could you use the grout.

All comments welcome.

Julio, W4HY