Re: [TowerTalk] UST base grouting

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UST base grouting
From: Joe - WDØM <WD0M@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:27:30 -0600
Although my UST TX-455 is not grouted, it makes
sense to me that it should be done simply to have
moisture run off the top and keep the bolts a bit
more rust free.  Here in the desert southwest
that issue is perhaps not quite as significant as elsewhere.

I doubt much additional structural support would
derive from grouting, given the 24,000 pounds of
concrete in the base and a few pounds more of grout on top.

Thanks for reminding me, Julio - I need to get that done.

73,
Joe
WDØM