Re: [TowerTalk] OT: Generators and UPS's

To: "'Doug Rehman'" <rehman@surveil.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OT: Generators and UPS's
From: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:13:25 -0400
Hi Doug,
I am having the same problem. Installed a Guardian 16KW generator. When it
kicks in the UPS' go crazy. I am using two APC's - Back-UPS ES 725 and 500.
They are less than a year old. They work fine when we lose main power. But
when the generator kicks in they chatter.
The only load on each UPS is a PC - no monitor or anything else is connected
to the UPS'.
Varying the load on the generator doesn't change anything.
Figured next move is to contact APC.

N2TK, Tony