Re: [TowerTalk] Wasps and tower climbing

To: wa3afs@inav.net, TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wasps and tower climbing
From: WW4T@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 21:31:50 EDT
I think the problem is most prevalent  at the end of summer and  into the
fall.....the "tower flies" as we jokingly call them,  are trying  to get warm
and
the heat absorbed and re-radiated on the metal towers is tailor  made for
that purpose. On the other hand, actual "nests" are something else  altogether.
  A word of warning...."sprays" ( even those sold as Wasp and Hornet  killers
), are NOT the same with respect to "knockdown" power. Some are  virtually
instantaneous....some take several seconds to kill or render the  critter
harmless.
  Sorry, I can't tell you what brand to use....I had several cans  over the
summer and some worked great, some didn't. Yes, I was too busy at  the time to
make a note of the most effective ones.
  Good luck!
  73
  '4t