[TowerTalk] Wasps and tower climbing

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wasps and tower climbing
From: "Merlin-7 KI4ILB" <merlin-7@sc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 18:06:41 +0100
I am glad this subject came up...

 When I was doing that repeater work last weekend, we noticed a few flying by
us going up the tower somewhere...

 I do not know for sure but we think there's a nest up there somewhere.We were
a little higher than 250 feet (that's where we needed to place the antenna and
after running 500 feet of rope thru the pulley, both ends were not quite
touching the ground)

 Thanks ..now I have some ammo when I move the antenna thats at 750 feet.

BTW in a post a few days ago, I said the tower is  2000 feet high..I was
wrong..I looked it up with some helpfull links sent by you all and it seems
that it is only 1200 feet tall. sorry for that...

 It was my first time climbing a tower that was not a rohn 25 HI HI, and it
looked like it was 3000 feet tall to me...and the climb seemed taller....I have
got to stop smokeing....

 Thanks again all...I learn something new here most every day!
 Joe