Re: [TowerTalk] silicon sealant

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] silicon sealant
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 12:37:14 +0100
K8RI on TowerTalk wrote:

> [...]

Just so. If you don't have any glue-lined heat-shrink tubing of the
right size, you can always "butter" the object with hot melt glue first,
and then quickly apply the heat shrink over the top. That also works
well for complex shapes, that heat-shrink tubing on its own couldn't
seal.

>> Not so easy to use a glue gun at the top of the tower, though.
>>

>But a heat gun works pretty well up there.

The advantage of a cordless hot-air gun is that it isn't consuming power
(or fuel) while it's not in use. The problem for any kind of cordless
glue gun is that it has to be powered all the time.

Well, almost all the time. A glue gun is still good for a few minutes
after it has been unplugged, so it's sometimes possible to step outside
and use it quickly.

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek