Re: [TowerTalk] Hot melt..

To: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hot melt..
From: Bill Winkis <kc4pe@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 08:22:22 -0400
It works...just took down a set of antennas that were up for 9
years...and the match, etc was sealed and waterproof''d with hot melt
and after all these years it was still good....
Took a low temp torch and dripped it all off, and the joints were as
shinny as when I put it up.....the braid on the co-ax was still
shinny. Trick is you've got to get it hot so the melt will "Flow" and
seep into the braid etc.....

Am now building a 4element quad and will use hot melt to seal the
wire-co-ax joints....and oh yes they make a gas fired cordless hot
melt gun for tower work....will give you about 2 hours of work time.

Now I wonder if there are any grades to the hot melt it self, like
good-better-best.....or different viscosity levels when melted...???

Bill
http://www.kc4pe.com/amateurshack.htm