Re: [TowerTalk] Potential New FCC Tower Construction Threat

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Potential New FCC Tower Construction Threat
From: gdaught6@stanford.edu
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:20:13 -0800
On 10 Dec 2006 at 13:18, Mike Fatchett wrote:

> I know a number of Owls and Eagles that would be very upset with the removal
> of my tower in Montana.  They have found that the tower works very well for
> a base of operation for their attacks on mice, rats, rabbits and fish.
> Although I might enjoy the hot tub more if that big ole Great Horned Owls
> wasn't always looking at me!

For Goodness' sake, don't let any officials know that your tower is a
danger to mice, rats, rabbits and fish as well as to birds!  That
REALLY will spell trouble for us!

And now, because the bird-strike thread has restarted (what is it?
about once a year?) I'll tell my story about how my tower is a threat
to the local songbirds.  We have a beautiful pair of Cooper's hawks
that nest nearby, and they sometimes perch on my Yagi as a handy
lookout.  (They are birds, and they don't seem to be harmed.)  But
boy, you can't find a visible songbird around when they are on their
antenna.  You can look up what Cooper's hawks like to eat, if you
want to.

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT