Re: [TowerTalk] Potential New FCC Tower Construction Threat

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Potential New FCC Tower Construction Threat
From: "Blake M" <n4gi@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 20:39:51 -0500
The recent scurry that I've seen was geared toward new tower lighting.  It's
been know for a long time and there are a handfull of documented cases of
kills due to exhaustion when flocks of migratory birds get confused by solid
lights and keep flying in endless circles.

Just make sure your ham tower is no taller than 199' and doesn't pierce a
nearby airport "cone".  Everything will be just fine.

73,
Blake N4GI