Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna/Tower Grounding (Lightning Protection)

To: "'Kelly Johnson'" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna/Tower Grounding (Lightning Protection)
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 20:03:43 -0500
A small hi-pot tester is invaluable for checking most suppressors. You can
easily check the voltage that they are supposed to break down at. Polyphaser
makes/used to make a unit called FIST for this purpose. It is a small
automatic hi-pot tester that goes to around 2kv.

With the ICE units I would guess that you would have to disconnect the coil
in them first.

73
Gary  K4FMX