Re: [TowerTalk] step away from stepIR

To: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] step away from stepIR
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:46:45 -0700
Rob Atkinson, K5UJ wrote:

"Is the element length for 50 ohm Z always the length for best performance?"

Certainly not, but I'm pretty  sure that isn't how the SteppIR works
anyway.    I don't own a SteppIR, but as I understand it from reading
the information on their website, the SteppIR default settings were
chosen for what Fluid Motion felt gave optimum performance with
reasonable match.  The controller does not seek minimum SWR in normal
operation.

You can, of course, homebrew your own settings for whatever you want ...
lowest SWR, peak forward response, better F/B, etc.

Dave   AB7E