Re: [TowerTalk] step away from stepIR

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] step away from stepIR
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:31:17 -0400
The most gain, best F/B and best SWR do not all occur with the same element
settings on a yagi antenna.  There is a compromise setting and you can set
it for whatever is most important to you - usually gain.  If you have a
reasonably good feedline there is very little loss with even a 2:1 SWR.
However, SWR is easier to measure than F/B or gain and I guess having no
reflected power makes some people think that their antenna is working great.

John KK9A