Re: [TowerTalk] Tower design question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower design question
From: Bob Smith <na6t@na6t.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 11:03:46 -0700
I think this has been answered before , here goes another try,

All Rohn Tower and clones (Nello, etc) have the section added to the first
base section, base plate, etc telescope over the bottom section of tower. IE:
the lower section fits inside of the legs of the next section above
it.  If your
doing this and seeing the opposite, you have the tower installed
"upside down" and
will have a hell of a time putting on a flat or pointed top to the tower.

Take a look at any of the pdfs for Rohn on there website and you will see
exactly what I'm talking about .

how to get to the pdf's,

click on the link below:

http://www.radiancorp.com/ROHNNET/rohnnet2004/html2004/index.html

1. On left side of display click on 'on-line catalog, then click on
"GT tower series"
2.  Then choose what size tower you would like to see the pdfs for.
3.   Now all the pdfs for that tower will be displayed.
4.   To see the base detail for the plate mounting click on the "self
supporting base pdf.

Installed upside down you DO have the problem with the water leaking
down inside
the tower joints, it will work, but it's not right.

Bob

Robert Smith Consulting
"Wireless Installations -- Government, Businesses & ISP's"
F.C.C. Licensed-Commercial & Amateur Services
A.R.S NA6T
ARRL Life Member
Fort Bragg, California   95437

"On The Air-Conditioned Mendocino Coast, In REAL Northern California"
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Message: 3