Re: [TowerTalk] help with interference problems

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] help with interference problems
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:20:49 -0700
On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 07:27:42 -0500, Stone, Gary R. wrote:

>Is there a suitable snap on type that would help - even if
>I used several of them in a row?  My reason is the CAT5 coming from the
>tower is cut to the exact length and no room to wind any on a toroid.
>It would mean replacing the cable.  So, is there any help from many of
>the snap on type available?

I understand your dilemma, but sorry, not on 40 meters, UNLESS you used a
LOT of them in a "string of beads" configuration. By a lot, I mean 20 or
more of #43 or #31 that are 1" long. To understand why, study the ferrite
section of the RFI tutorial on my website. Look for the paragraphs that
talk about "Threshold Effect," then study the graphs of impedance vs.
frequency for toroidal chokes and individual beads.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

73,

Jim Brown K9YC