Re: [TowerTalk] [wwdxc] RG213 Woes

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [wwdxc] RG213 Woes
From: "James C. Garland" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:29:50 -0600
I found the same at my local Home Depot. Evidently Plymouth 85 is supposed
to correspond to Scotch 88.  It's an all-weather tape, 8.5 mils thick. The
question, of course, is how it holds up?  It's cheaper than Scotch 88, but
Home Depot didn't pass the savings on to the customer and charged the same
price for it.

Lowes had Scotch 88, but only one size (black, 3/4 in). Lowes had lots of
Scotch 33 in various colors.

Jim W8ZR

**********************
Jim Garland W8ZR
Santa Fe, NM
www.w8zr.net

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 13:11:11 -0400, Roger (K8RI) wrote:

>Our local Lowes has always had the 3M variety in stock any time
>I've checked

BUYER BEWARE: I was at a Home Depot near San Jose last week and
found a dispenser display labeled Scotch 88 and Scotch 33. The
tape inside, however, was branded "Plymouth."

73,

Jim Brown K9YC