[TowerTalk] Details on shunt feeding tower for 160?

To: w2up3@verizon.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Details on shunt feeding tower for 160?
From: "Howard Klein" <howk2@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 19:26:38 +0000
Barry,
You might consider using 3/8" cu tubing as the gamma arm. I find it survives the WX better than wire especially in the winter winds. It has better BW and it has been up for several years w/o problems.
I have tried 12 ga and found it required lots of support arms to prevent tuning to change in the wind...and it still changed.
Howard..K2HK

Hi all, I'm considering shunt feeding my tower for 160. Would appreciate details from those with similar setups who have done it successfully. Tower is 76 ft of Rohn 45 with a C31XR at 75 ft and a Magnum 240 at 85 ft (and Phillystran guys.) Tnx, Barry

--

Barry Kutner, W2UP Newtown, PA

More photos, more messages, more storage?get 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_2G_0507