Re: [TowerTalk] re 25G base insulator

To: km1h@jeremy.mv.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] re 25G base insulator
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 22:56:52 +0000
I know that's been done before, at least with fairly short verticals (1/4 w.
80 m.; maybe even 1/4 w. on 160) but since a top section is really made to
handle holding a mast I do not know how much downward compression force it
can take as you mention, so I would really try to find a genuine rohn bottom
taper for what is going to be a taller AM tower.   The other thing is that
it would be made to mate with the insulator hardware, the other point which
you rightly bring up.

73

rob / k5uj