Re: [TowerTalk] improvise?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] improvise?
From: Jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 06:44:20 -0400
BOB WROTE:

From: AD5VJ Bob<mailto:rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
To: towertalk@contesting.com<mailto:towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2007 12:39 PM
Subject: [TowerTalk] Improvise??

I need to be able to effectively and safely improvise a way to mount my Rohn
25 tower sections two regular 10' sections one top
section 9.5' to the ground.

Does anyone have any ideas other than buying a short piece of tower to put
in
the ground or a swivel base or buying another section,
ect.

I was just going to stick 3 feet of the bottom section of the tower in the
hole (concrete) but, since it is so short already, really
didn't want to leave it there should we move.

Is there no other way than spending more money on it?
-0-

My response:  You don't indicate whether this will be guyed or self
supporting, or house bracketed, or what it will hold up.

If it's to be guyed, buy a Rohn 25G stake base and drive it in the
ground.  It has 16" of 2" angle bracket welded to the bottom.

The cost of a tower is 2x that of the price of the tower itself,
typically, when you get done with concrete and guys.  Even free towers
aren't free, if you have to take them down.

N2EA

Jim Jarvis, President
The Morse Group, LLC
www.themorsegroup.net
results@themorsegroup.net

Strategic Planning and Success Strategies
for Sales Professionals and Entrepreneurs.

Sales Excellence Series beginning September 19, 2007