Re: [TowerTalk] Trying to contact Force 12

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Trying to contact Force 12
From: Peter Dougherty <w2irt@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 01:40:08 -0400
At 12:45 AM 9/5/2007, you wrote:

>Not returning phone calls or emails will kill any business - not good.
>I hope those of you with  pending orders get your antennas.

I sincerely hope they get turned around soon. Their products are too
good to disappear from the amateur market.

>One year later this May, I was at the Begalli booth in
>Dayton.  Force 12 was next door with one table and very little traffic.

Well, that's where I ordered that Delta 240, and I wasn't alone. No,
his booth wasn't swamped like SteppIR's. However, SteppIR is
something very unique and out of the ordinary. Conventional yagis
aren't sexy at trade shows, and due to their size, a seller can't
really display a full line of merchandise properly without a lot of
money to spend on booth space.

I think what it really boils down to is Tom needs a seriously good
businessman to run the organization so that he can concentrate on new
and improved antenna designs. They need a good public face on that
company, better customer relations and *definitely* a better Web site!

>In the next hall was SteppIR with two booths virtually covered up
>the entire weekend.
> From time to time in business you have to reinvent yourself either
> with products, service  and/or how you market.   It may be time for Force 12.

I'd say if he doesn't sell outright he should hire some good
marketing help, sack those responsible for customer service, trade a
tower full of antennas for a modern professionally-designed Website
and start getting product out the door in good time.

Cheers,

Peter,
W2IRT