Re: [TowerTalk] Force12

To: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force12
From: "Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL" <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:09:21 -0400
This is where BAMA can be useful. While I intended BAMA to be for tube type amateur gear, I've provided storage space for quite a lot of test gear and even some solid state stuff. Actually, there are a few "obsolete" antenna manuals in the collection and I have no problem with hosting more of them. Naturally, I won't be putting the manual for my new Force 12 Delta 240/230 since Force 12 don't want their manuals to be freely available. Wilson and Telrex manuals, etc. would be most welcome as well as any others for antennas no longer in production and for which the manufacturer doesn't object to free distribution of their info.
73,
Ken K4XL

Doug Renwick wrote:
So we have some 'unreasonable' antenna manufactures like Hy-Gain,
CushCraft, and Spiderbeam who do make their manuals available.  What
about defunct manufacturers like Wilson or KLM?  What about antennas
that are no longer made like the Hy-Quad 244?  Think about it.

Just my opinion.

Doug

It is unreasonable to expect a company to make public the complete
details of their designs. I am amazed that some hams have the gall to
ask other hams to copy the info on their antennas and send it to them.
'snip'
Just my opinion.

73, Dan, N5AR