Re: [TowerTalk] Roswell Tower Accident

To: "'Kelly Johnson'" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>,"'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Roswell Tower Accident
From: "David Calder" <n4zkf@n4zkf.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 06:24:45 -0400
http://elkriver.com/

The picture right on this homepage shows a retractable lanyard. It's the
easiest way to move
around once your where you want to do work. They offer real mobility over a
regular lanyard.
If you fall this thing will catch you.

One the way up, it the tower doesn't have a safety climb (wire) going up it.
A dual lanyard
attached to your back d-ring offers you the ability to stayed tied off at
all times while
climbing. It has two clips. Clip above you unclip below and climb until you
are about
out of reach of the one below, then do it again.

Dave n4zkf