Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Climbing Safety

To: donovanf@starpower.net, TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Climbing Safety
From: Sam Smith <gitterdone12000@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 05:49:39 -0700 (PDT)
We have rules of thumb that we go by. Like always hook to a tower member that
will lift your truck or 5,000#. Although that one does't really apply if you're
climbing a Rohn 25g. On a small tower like that I always attach my Y-lanyard
(w/large hooks) Around the leg where the diag meets the horizontal.

You guys have posted some great info in the last couple of days. Most of the
time you're talking way above my head and I'm in the dark. LOL! But this topic
is one that I can really relate to. Sad that it takes the death of a climber to
get the topic on list.

Sam