Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25G Tower

To: <Cqtestk4xs@aol.com>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25G Tower
From: "Michael Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:50:29 -0500
Bill, In my opinion you are right on the money. I read stuff on here about
how successful guys have been with their respective projects. Most are cool.
This week the subject is the Rohn 25....a lot of discussion on UN-GUYED Rohn
25. Are you kiddin'?  You just have to wonder how many of these success
stories are in reality just accidents looking for the right time and place
to 'drop trow'. I also maintain that some of these weekend warriors are the
reason why it can be so hard to get a permit to install and /or permission
to install a tower for many of the rest. The auto manufacturers do not
include a manual on how to drive in the glove compartment of each car they
sell. They assume the buyer does. The same is true of the companies who sell
towers and related "stuff" ( that's 'tower talk' for equipment). Fact is it
can be just as dangerous to install or service a tower without the
experience and/or due diligence as it is to take a drive on The Howard
Frankland Bridge... but they'll keep on doing it. I can hear it now "...my
brother-in-law said it would be ok." All I have to say is,
" good luck, my brass balled buddies."  - Mike