Re: [TowerTalk] question on thrust bearing

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Mikemedic130@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] question on thrust bearing
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 08:09:32 EST

In a message dated 12/20/2007 9:02:53 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  I will be looking to add a cushcraft m5ab mini beam (35lbs,  and 3.35sq
windload) along with a
yaesu g-450a rotor to my 7-40  universal aluminum tower.  Question is should
be concerned
with  using a thrust bearing?  I wont be looking to add anything more later
since I have a small
city lot and want to be nice to my neighbors.

IMO thrust bearings are way overrated. For this  moderate load, you really
don't need anything. The rotator will take the  vertical load and the tower can
take the horizontal load so no problem. Save  your money.

    OTOH with large, aggressive loads they can be  useful.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH