Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering flex-weave

To: "'Towertalk List'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering flex-weave
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 19:50:51 -0600
I know this sounds very crude, but I've spliced Flexweave by tying it with a
square knot, even without trying to clean it.  I've checked the DC
continuity of several of the knots, and it tested fine.  Whether it's really
0 ohms at RF I can't tell.

I do like the fact that it can be tied into knots, whether to splice it or
to attach it to an end insulator (with a bowline, of course!).  I don't like
the fact that Flexweave tangles easily when it's coiled, and the difficulty
cleaning it is a nuisance.

Jim N7US