Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Update

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Update
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 08:50:00 -0600
Thanks guys for all the answers.

I sent a similar email to my local contest group (NTCC) and they are coming
back with very much the same answers you guys are as
well. So there is allot of confirmation to what everyone is saying.

Looks like its nix on the inside box, just put her in the ground and make the
top attractive.

Looks like around 60 bags of concrete (just a *little* off of my guess of 10)
would give me the 10% over that  many of the
experienced guys are talking about.

Now I am not sure where to rent a cement mixer.
I will make some phone calls today.

Everyone is telling me that I really dont want to mix the cement one bag at a
time.
Especially not 60 or so - 80 lb bags.

One guy locally said after you get the bags of cement stacked at the tower
location that it seems to be some law of physics that the
weight of the bags at the top seems to drain into the bags at the bottom
especially over night Hi Hi Hi so I might want to have some
other way to do this rather than one bag at a time by myself.

Which brings up another good question, what kind of concrete do I get, I just
found out from a reply that there is more than one
kind of concrete.

Someone just told me there are different mixes and therefore different
hardness's to concrete mix.

 What kind of concrete do we buy for our tower purposes in Ham Radio?

Tnx Bob AD5VJ