Re: [TowerTalk] Bandpass Filters

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bandpass Filters
From: "Ethan Miller K8GU" <ethan@k8gu.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 19:43:06 -0600
Alfredo,

Yes, the W3NQN filters are the best.  But, you will need to design
sufficient radio-to-radio isolation into your switching system in
order take full advantage of them.

The I.C.E. and Dunestar filters are NOT the same.  The Dunestar
filters I've measured with a network analyzer are considerably better
than their I.C.E. counterparts.  For instance, a Dunestar 600 on 40
meters attenuates the 14-Mhz harmonic about 55-60 dB, whereas the
I.C.E. is in the 35-40 dB range.  For reference, my homebrew W3NQN
40-meter filter pushed the harmonic deep into the noise floor of the
network analyzer (in this configuration, >90 dB).

73,

--Ethan, K8GU/9.
http://www.k8gu.com/