Re: [TowerTalk] Bandpass Filters

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bandpass Filters
From: "Ethan Miller K8GU" <ethan@k8gu.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:38:22 -0600
Frank's point is well-taken.  I have noticed this with my 40 and 20
meter installation...  Even though I have the very good 40-meter
filter inline, I still get some hash on the 20 meter radio, which also
has the 20-meter filter in line.  I looked for a long time for a
leakage path and couldn't find it.  When I made some (crude)
measurements of the received power, the net effectiveness of the
filter was not nearly what the network analyzer predicted.  Of course,
this deterioration is completely installation-dependent unless you
utilize filters that are less sensitive to termination.

That said, of the bands 160-20, the only combination I have problems
with is TX on 40, RX on 20...arguably the most important
combination...

vy 73,

--Ethan, K8GU/9.
http://www.k8gu.com/