Re: [TowerTalk] Plumbing a tower

To: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Plumbing a tower
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 07:15:49 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:16:53 -0700, David Gilbert
<xdavid@cis-broadband.com> wrote:

> but as I mentioned I
>was installing a free-standing tower where the base gets embedded in
>concrete long before the rest of the tower is added.  The base sticks
>barely a few inches out of the ground, so I don't think a transit is the
>right tool for that job.

When I put up my 80-foot self supporting tower, I bolted the first
section to the stubs and built a framework to suspend that in mid-air
over the hole. I plumbed that before the concrete was poured and
double and triple checked it for plumb as the concrete was setting. A
week later I installed the rest of the tower and it was dead on.

73, Bill W6WRT