[TowerTalk] M2 OR2800PX

To: "Tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] M2 OR2800PX
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 23:11:39 -0400
Thanks for the excellent replies to my previous request for rotor
suggestions. I'm zeroing in on the M2 OR2800PX, and would like some opinions
on that rotor. The plan would be to use it with a Green Heron controller,
not the stock controller. I'd like to hear from anyone who has used the
OR2800PX, especially with the GH controller.

The issues I've heard about so far are:

1) Mounting bolts tend to come out. Use thread locking compound. M2 sells an
optional bolt kit for wires just in case.

2) Mast clamps tend to slip. Is this still true? Anyone using the K7LXC
version? Does the Slipp-Nott work with the OR2800PX?

3) Sometimes pulses are missed on long unshielded signal cables, affecting
accuracy. Anyone had this problem with the GH controller?

4) Bolt that pulls the output gear up can break, causing gear to drop and do
internal damage. Fixable with a couple of washers under the gear.

Any other issues?

Again, the antenna is a Cal-AV 2D-40A: 16.8 sq ft, 163 lbs, 36 ft turning
radius.

Thanks in advance for any help.

73, Dick WC1M