Re: [TowerTalk] M2 OR2800PX

To: Tower <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 OR2800PX
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 23:28:42 -0400 (EDT)
Dick,

I've had excellent success with my OR2800 rotators over the last ten years.
One turns a 5 element, 48 foot boom, 20M monobander at 200 ft and the other
turns a 6 element, 48 foot boom, 15M monobander at 200 ft.  Both use 3 inch
diameter masts.

Both rotators are on 500 foot cable runs.  The control box uses two cables to
connect to the rotator, one cable for the motor wires and a separate cable for
the position sensing wires.

I've never had any of the four problems you listed, but I have no doubt they
could occur.  Problem #3 occurs when you all four wires are in the same cable.
If you simply run the motor and sensing circuits in separate cables, the
problem does not occur.  There's no need to use a shielded cable for position
sensing, in my experience.

73
Frank
W3LPL