Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft R5 sealing of the traps, What sealant

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>, Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft R5 sealing of the traps, What sealant
From: Bill Winkis <kc4pe@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 07:17:13 -0400
The world of shrink tubing has come a long way...look at the
below  address....just skimming the ad I see tubing at 3" offered
.... I use their HD adhesive type on all my connectors and it is
something else....I took a piece 2 foot long applied it to RG213,
weighted it on a set of lab scales......then shoved it into a flower
vase filled with water.....pulled it after 30 days, dried it. an put
it on the scales......Zero weight gain.....so..Judge for your self......

http://www.buyheatshrink.com/heatshrinktubing/4to1polyolefin.htm#B

-Bill