Re: [TowerTalk] HAM III x HAM IV and others

To: PY1KS - Alex <py1ks.alex@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HAM III x HAM IV and others
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 02:29:10 -0400
PY1KS - Alex wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> A friend of mine offer me a HAM III just used for 3 years only, and I got a
> HAM IV not so good condition, in fact, I don´t know if it's working
> effectively. And I wonder if YAESU G-800DXA or G-1000DXA would be
> better but, one of these 2 rotors I will need to import from U.S.
> Any help? Does anyone could tell me the diference between the HAM III x HAM

The "Ham series" of rotators are good, well designed rotators. they just
aren't meant  for large antennas and particularly antennas near their
ratings in his winds. Other than that they work great and are a
reasonably good rotator for the money.   Starting with the II, IV and
moving up the line each is designed to handle an antenna just a little
larger than the previous one. I'm sure you'll receive some posts much
more detailed.

73 and good luck

Roger (K8RI - ARRL Life Member)
www.rogerhalstead.com