[TowerTalk] broken tower section

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] broken tower section
From: michael castellano <mjpc48@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 16:41:16 -0700 (PDT)
I would cut the stubs at the surface of the pad, and SCRAP the remaining
bottom tower section without even a second look.

I would then put in a new base plate with new bolts. (drill/epoxy)(might need
to put a concrete cap on the pad, depending on its size and condition).

While the rest of the tower is down, I would do an exhaustive examination of
the remaining sections and guy wires. If the remaining tower is safe to use,
use NEW bolts to reassemble it  (very inexpensive "insurance")

Might be an good opportunity to evaluate the original guying and loading.

Good luck and be careful... and of course 73

Mike KM1R