Re: [TowerTalk] Removing a Rotator

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Removing a Rotator
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 20:40:34 +0000
Depending on the rotor you can do it by prying up a quarter inch or so with
a screwdriver under the mast.  Or attach a clamp to the mast above the lower
thrust bearing and lever it up with that.  Also, don't forget that sometimes
its easier to lower the rotor plate a bit than to raise the mast... that can
also give you added room to tip the rotor if it's a tight fit.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net