Re: [TowerTalk] Removing a Rotator

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Removing a Rotator
From: "Kirk.Harding" <Kirk.harding@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 06:13:12 -0500
I have one installed and love it.  See: http://www.nn4zz.com/tiltplate.htm
(K6KAR) bottom of page.  I can now tilt my tower and work on my 4EL w/30/40
SteppIR and have it at waist (or any) level.  Makes antenna work a snap.
The only thing I need to do now is figure out how to motorize my tower tilt
winch. Takes a lot of cranking to tilt it over.  By the way the tower is a
TX-472MDPL.  All in all, I am really enjoying not only the performance of my
SteppIR but also the ease of maintenance that the TiltPlate provides.  Yes
it is pricey but if you look at not only the cost of materials but all of
the machining that goes into the TiltPlate, it's a bargain.  I couldn't
build one for the price that Al, NN4ZZ charges. I highly recommend it.

Regards,

Kirk, K6KAR
Niceville, FL