Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding tower guy wires

To: paul.kelley.n1bug@gmail.com, brubin2010@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding tower guy wires
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:54:31 EDT
Bill has it correct: Rohn drawing# C731105 R5 shows it just as Bill
described.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 6/25/2008 3:41:12 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
paul.kelley.n1bug@gmail.com writes:

No. The  tower will be grounded by a copper straps, one from each leg,
running out  at least 50 feet (probably closer to 75 feet) with 8 foot
ground rods  spaced every 16 feet along them. As I understand it, the guy
wires should  also be grounded to help protect turnbuckles, anchor, etc.
I just haven't  found any specifics on this part.

73,
Paul N1BUG

bill  rubin wrote:
> Just to clarify... Are you grounding the guy wires to  protect the tower
> ?  My understanding is that we ground the guy  wires before the anchor to
> protect the concrete from taking a  lightning hit.  I used claps to
> attach the ehs 1/4 wire to my  copper wire, then grounded it just below
> to a rod for each anchor  point.
>
> 73 Bill  N1HWC

fuel-efficient used cars.