Re: [TowerTalk] My Digging "the Hole" story

To: John Hudson <jd_hudson@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] My Digging "the Hole" story
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 02:40:38 -0400
Cute story - I am amazed how many guys are afraid to spend
some of their hard earned brass.   I guess I am fortunate my XYL
helped me select my HF rig, a TenTec Omni VII.   Although she did
not understand all the specifications, she was in on it anyway - She
really liked the look and took my word on the technical issues.

She also helps me plan and raise all my antennas out back.  The
only restriction she has imposed so far is I cannot poke holes in the
roof - but a 60 foot tower is OK !

I would like to know how you would sneak a tower into the back yard
and what whopper you would tell the XYL to make her think it was either
a gift, or maybe that it really belongs to the govt or a local radio
station
and they said you could use it, too...  !             ;-)

========  Happy trails and 73 to ya.  -- K8JHR  =========